This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: The Ghosts Of New Orleans by Terri Reid

If you have read my other reviews, you will know that I really like Terri Reid's series about Mary O'Reilly. I cannot wait for Book 10 to publish. So, because I like the other Terri Reid books I bought The Ghosts Of New Orleans (A Paranormal Research and Containment Division (PRCD) Case File). This one, however, is stupid, stupid, stupid.

The story takes place after Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans. There is lots of newly deceased as well as displaced cemeteries. Eloise Parker is supposed to be this great paranormal psychic, who is brought in to contact the ghosts and help them more on. But, there is a terrible evil presence that is keeping thousands of ghosts hostage. Eloise cannot defeat ghosts unless she is making out h-e-a-v-i-l-y with her ex-boyfriend. Seriously. They practically have sex in front of everyone. Yesh.

This book is such a disappointment because I really like Terri Reid's Mary O'Reilly novels. Don't bother with this one, but definitely read her others. I'm sorry I paid the $2.99 for the ebook. More than two thumbs' down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.