This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DIY Homemade No-Grate Liquid Laundry Detergent

The blogger that I've learned the most from is One Good Thing by Jillee. She's totally awesome. When I need a "homemade" recipe, I check Jillee's website. Here's the no-grate liquid laundry detergent that I've learned from her. It smells great. I like to use this recipe even for mopping the floors or washing dishes by hand. My husband recently commented that the house smells so nice since I started making my own detergent. This is what he is smelling around the house! This is my go-to universal recipe....... Thanks, Jillee!!

Recipe:
3 Tablespoons 20-Mule Team Borax {all-natural laundry booster and multi-purpose household cleaner}
3 Tablespoons Arm & Hammer Washing Soda {not baking soda}
2 Tablespoons Dawn Dish Detergent

Pour all ingredients in a one gallon jug. {I use an old orange juice jug}. Pour 4 cups boiling* water into the jug. Swish until ingredients are dissolved in the liquid. Let liquid cool. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle. You can pick a scented Dawn Dish Detergent. Dawn works the best because it gets grease out. {Totally.}

*I cheat and save time by using my hottest tap water. I just fill nearly to the top with hot water, swish, and then let cool. You use a cup per laundry load. {Although you may use more or less depending on your preference and laundry type. Stinky teenage boys, one cup!}

Check out Jillee's blog. You'll definitely find neat ideas and helpful hints: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com.

11 comments:

  1. I do in fact use the Arm and hammer Baking Soda. It is non toxic if swallowed and nearly (nearly) identical in the detergent. I have used this recipe going on three years now. I estimate my cost of ingredients to be just under $12 dollars a year. that is about a dollar a month for laundry of some 45 to 100 loads per month. It is marvelous for the clothes, less fading and no build up in my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was gobsmacked blog! my friends must see this. I will tell it when we have time for hostel laundry service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving sometime in reading blogs like this is kinda a waste of time for me as a busy person but I don’t want to outdated on such matters about hostel laundry service so I really admire you for your passion in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving sometime in reading blogs like this is kinda a waste of time for me as a busy person but I don’t want to outdated on such matters about hostel laundry service so I really admire you for your passion in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being one of the people who do care about dry cleaning delivery service I always wanted to gain lots of information about it since I want to find some good benefits in having this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being one of the people who do care about dry cleaning delivery service I always wanted to gain lots of information about it since I want to find some good benefits in having this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a remarkable one! This somehow help me to understand and feed my awareness about Drycleaner because this one is bothering me these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're a smart cookie. No one see things like yours! And I’d love to join you in the way you see things and share useful thoughts, like this work you’ve made. I must also share to you this awesome office carpet cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having some fun time in searching for blogs that somehow caught my attention is the best thing I've done in my leisure time, and I was really interested in topics related to
    Dry cleaner since this really helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was a moment that my friend told me to have dry cleaning services because she wants me to live with her, but I really don’t have any idea about this such things so I recognized that your works fit in my needs so I thank you so much and God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a really good article about dry cleaning service singapore, you are very specific and precise in every detail, I must say that it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.