This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Book Review: Live to Make a Difference by Max Lucado

Max Lucado is one of my favorite all-time authors. Yet, it's been years since I've read any of his books. Thank goodness for my Kindle! I was searching through Amazon looking for books to download and came across Live to Make a Difference by Max Lucado. Apparently it's the Cliff Notes of Outlive Your Life: Your Were Made to Make a Difference. But, I wasn't in the mood for a longer book; I wanted a short read, and Live to Take a Difference was exactly what I needed.

It's a very short read, about 30 minutes. It gave me the uplifting and encouraging highlights of Outlive Your Life. It was a nice, quick reminder of  how to make a difference in other people's lives, as well as how we are actually making that difference in other people's lives. It's not as hard as you'd think; it's the little things we do everyday. It was just the spiritual boost I needed. Seriously. 

I'll read Outlive Your Life soon, along with Max's other books that I haven't read....and, maybe I should reread the ones I haven't read in so many years. But, if you're looking for a place to start with Max Lucado, I'd pick this one - short and sweet, and oh so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.