This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Friday, August 3, 2012

U.S. Army Airborne Soldier Brenden Salazar killed in Afghanistan

(Red Huber, Orlando Sentinel / August 3, 2012)
The funeral service for U.S. Army Airborne Soldier Brenden Salazar took place on Friday, August 3, 2012, at St. Stephens Catholic Church in Winter Springs, Fla. PFC Salazar was killed by an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan. He was 20 years old.

May God Bless the family and friends and comfort them in grief. I know personally that the loss is hard, but I also know that when we reach out to Christ Jesus, He will answer us and be with us. Brenden  died a hero doing what he knew that he had to do... defend our country and stand for Freedom throughout the world. For those who fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know......



(Red Huber, Orlando Sentinel / August 3, 2012)
God bless all who made the ultimate sacrifice, and God be with all of the brave men and women who so willingly fight so that America can continue to be called "the land of the free and the home of the brave."

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Salazar family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.