This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Book Review: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

Max Brooks is a genius. His World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is the best zombie book ever. Ever. It was suggested to me by a Zombier {you know, somebody who is into everything about zombies}. Vampires have always been my preferred undead, but his enthusiasm about World War Z made me want to read it. Definitely worth it!

A-m-a-z-i-n-g book. 10 years after a worldwide zombie war, a journalist interviews survivors. This book made a zombie war and its outcome totally believable. My favorite is the survival story of Colonel Christina Eliopolis at Parnell Air National Guard Base, Tennessee. She was flying a resupply mission to a safe zone from Phoenix, Arizona to Tallahassee, Florida. Her plane crashes in the swamps of Louisiana. Her path out is filled with zombies. I loved her story, with a surprising twist at the end. There were many, many great parts of this book, but her story is really compelling.

This is a fantastic "historical" fiction book as well as a zombie book. Put aside any preconceived zombie notions and read this book!!!

P.S. World War Z is currently being filmed by Marc Forster. Brad Pitt stars as a journalist. The release is 2013. I cannot imagine anybody making a movie as good or better than the book. It will be interesting to see what parts of the book they filmed and which parts were left out. Do yourself a huge favor and read the book before seeing the movie. The complete story is in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.