This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The problem with being a Mom and being sick.

The problem with being a Mom and being sick is that we're now allowed to do both at the same time. Moms are never sick. Right....... You can't tell that a Mom is sick when she has to do everything, as usual, as always.

For instance, yesterday I came home from my volunteer work for the middle school band teacher. -- So far, for the last three weeks, I have been there all day. One of my sons plays for two groups - Symphonic Band and Jazz Band. Not only do I want to help the teacher because she's a sweet lady and needs the help, but because it's the only way I'll ever know what's happening with both bands. Teenagers are not good at communication vital information, at least not in a timely manner. They like to wait until you're walking into the building and then say, "Mom! I needed such-and-such or a get a zero for today." or some other urgently needed item or task. For instance at a fundraiser at the school, I pull into carline to drop Eric off. Hum. All the other kids are carrying lawn chairs. So, I ask "Why do the other kids have lawn chairs?" Reply, "Oh, yeah, I forgot. We're each supposed to bring a lawn chair." Ugh. -- But, I digress. 

So, back to yesterday. I woke up in the morning feeling terrible. But, it felt like allergies. So, I showered, took the boys to school, and went about my volunteering day. By the fourth class, I felt like I couldn't hold up my head up anymore. The teacher gave me orange juice in a desperate attempt to revive me. It helped carry me to the end of the day. It was all I could do to pack up and the boys and c-r-a-w-l home. I collapsed into my bed.

My husband was so kind to bring me dinner in bed, hot tea, and anything else I might need. {Of course, I had to yell with my croaked voice as loudly as I could to get his attention. But, he still helped nonetheless. I even heard him instructing the boys to empty the dishwasher. Oh nice.} Seems like everything's going okay. -- Or, so I forgot. -- When I woke up this morning {because the dogs were being totally obnoxious just because they wanted food and water and apparently I'm the only one who can do that}, I stagger into the kitchen. To my horror, it looked like every single dish and utensil that we've ever owned were piled up in the sink or on the counter, including a broken glass. I open the dishwasher and discover that, yes, it was empty. But, apparently nobody had the thought to fill it up again. I call for two boys to take care of the doggies' food and water and then proceed to load the dishwasher. Miracle of all miracles the amount of dishes along over the kitchen fit perfectly into the dishwasher for just one load. Amazing! 

Now I'm trying to decide whether to collapse back into bed and get whatever limited number of minutes sleeping that I can or taking a shower and going to the grocery store. Heck, I'll take the little bit of sleep. We'll still need groceries when I wake up....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.