This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Friday, September 28, 2012

"Stupid is as stupid does."

"Run from stupid, ignorant people,
Forrest, run!!!!
"Stupid is as stupid does." Thank you, Forrest Gump. That fictional character is smarter than the band parents at my son's middle school, and so to the school administration if they're complacent. Forrest understood that stupid people make stupid choices, do stupid things. Like, complain to a public institution about a private citizen's blog. Why didn't they just call the police and tell them that they got their feelings hurt? If you feel stupid when you read my blog, then perhaps you are....or, full of guilt. Shame on you!

I don't work due to health reasons. I burnt myself out trying to help the band teacher at the middle school. At least, I was willing to try - unlike these whining parents. I felt responsible to help....my son's in 8th grade and has two band classes. I was trying to significantly cut back my hours at the school. I tried to enlist other mothers' help. "Hi, this is Mrs. Haddock, a parent volunteer for Mrs. M. You filled out on the dividend [volunteer] form that you'd like to help with such-and-such." "Yes, I definitely want to help." "That's great! Could you come in and learn how to _________ [fill in the blank]? "Oh, I don't want to do that...... But, call me if you need anything." Huh? They apparently do not want to actually assist in their child's education, but they will spend their time complaining about my blogOf all the nerve to call the local school to complain about my personal blog

Of course, I'm annoyed at not listening to my inner voice. I didn't want to be there while the teacher was out. But, I felt guilty that the kids would need help. Weeks ago I knew that I should cut back my volunteer hours. But, I felt guilty that Mrs. M would need help. So, I stayed on..... But, the other band parents just couldn't stop whining. They're so upset the teacher no longer wants my volunteer time. I hope you're proud of yourselves. I put in 200 volunteer hours..... How many have you? 

Too bad that other parents don't spend time in the classroom because Mrs. M works magic with those students. It was amazing to watch how she can take a student that has never held an instrument and just a few weeks later they're playing songs! I was most amazed at her "musical ear." The full symphonic band is playing a piece of music and she can hear when one clarinet is off. How is that possible? Most importantly, she was such a positive influence for me. That's why I knew I shouldn't be there when she was out for surgery. She's the flow of energy in that room. But, she was getting complaints from other parents about my blog. It boggles the mind.



P.S. Now, you can leave the lovely, adorable and talented Mrs. M alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.