This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rambling thoughts.....

I haven't been a very good blogger recently. I was spending a ton of time volunteering at the local middle school. The band teacher has 325 students; one of them is mine. I enjoy helping the teacher. I just didn't realize how much it was wearing me down until (1) the school was closed for Rosh Hashanah and I thoroughly enjoyed my "day off" and (2) there was a substitute teacher this week for the band students. 

I've written a couple of book reviews, but they just didn't seem right yet for publishing. Silly, I know. It's just my blog..... The short of it is read No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of The Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden (The Autobiography of a Navy Seal) by Mark Owen. An awesome book. The jury is still out on September Fair (A Murder-by-Month Mystery) by Jess Lourey. I'll probably read October Fest before writing a review of her books. 

I'm completely over politics and the election. It seems like it has been going forever and ever. I just want it to end - with Romney winning. Our country can't stand another four of years of "no President." It's been especially disappointing lately with Obama's handling of the terrorist attacks on our embassies and the reports of Obama's missing intelligent briefings while he parties with David Letterman and Beyonce. Enough already. Let's put someone in the White House who will show up everyday for work. 


Once again, the mainstream media does not fail to disappoint. Their handling of the "topless Kate Middleton" story was horrid. There was no story..... A peeping tom with a telephoto lens invaded their privacy. Sick and creepy. So, the media decided to berate Kate. What!?! Thank goodness France has a privacy law, so perhaps the couple will have justice. The photographer should be arrested and put in jail for a very long time. And, whatever happened to not publishing someone's photograph without their permission? The Irish and Italian papers - and any others - certainly do not have written permission from Kate to publish nude photographs of herself. Stop buying that trash and the photographers will not spend their time sneaking around in bushes trying to get illicit photos. Disgusting.

Update: 9/25/12 - If you read this previously, you'll recognize that I deleted a paragraph. I did that of my own volition. I thought about it last night and again this morning. I could hear my father's words, "Remember where your from." Meaning, what you say and do reflects not only on yourself, but your family and your faith.

However, this blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of the band teacher, the school, or anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to the school, stop reading and find something else to do with your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.