This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Book Review: Zero-Degree Murder by M. L. Rowland

In my search for the missing search & rescue book of my past, The Librarian recommended "Zero-Degree Murder" by M. L. Rowland. It is about a search & rescue team, but it is more of a survival book.

The book focuses on Gracie Kinkaid, a member of the Timber Creek Search & Rescue although there is an important ensemble of others characters, including Rob Christian, a British movie star, and her unit commander Ralph Hunter. They are thrown together when Rob and his group of hikers become lost on Mount San Raphael in California, and Gracie is sent to bring them in. 

Rob's group includes a serial killer who wants to eliminate everyone in the hiking group when one of the hikers recognizes him. Gracie discovers Rob Christian and must keep him alive from the freezing temperatures and snow as well as the killer. (I'm trying really hard to avoid spoilers).

I enjoyed the book. The author is a former search & rescue volunteer herself, so she does an excellent job of writing about that portion of the book. The only disappointment I had was the "romance" aspect. I thought it was ridiculous and that the author must be a man. "No woman would write that scenario." I was surprised to learn M. L. Rowland is female. Huh.

Overall, I enjoyed the book and recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.