This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Review: One Shot (Jack Reacher, No. 9) by Lee Child

Yes, friends, I'm chatting about yet another Jack Reacher novel. My favorite series at the moment. I just finished One Shot (Jack Reacher, No. 9) by Lee Child. More breathtaking, heart-pumping action!

First of all, let's get one thing straight - I'm NOT watching Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher in the movie One Shot. Jack Reacher is 6'5" and 250 lbs. Tom Cruise is 5'7" - need I say more? Casting should have picked a big musclely hunk, like 6'4" Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). Yeah, Baby! Dwayne would definitely be a believable Jack Reacher, headbutting or throwing an elbow into somebody's face. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Reacher is in Miami when he sees a TV news report about a sniper killing five people in Indianapolis. He recognizes the name of the killer from his old Army days as a military cop. So, Reacher travels via bus to Indiana. At the same time, the suspected killer tells the police that they've arrested the wrong man and he wants Jack Reacher. Interesting....

This was another "I can't stop reading," "I can't put this book down," type of novel. It's filled without lots of Reacher action and good storytelling. What's supposed to be a slam dunk case against the killer turns out to be riddled with holes. [Pun intended.] Only Reacher can put all the clues together and solve this baffling case. And, he does. But first, Reacher must avoid the police on a trumped-up murder charge.

This is in my top three favorite Reacher books....right now, it's resting at #2. Yeah, I really enjoyed this book. More genius by Lee Child - keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.