This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

TV: Project Runway Season 11

I am one of the original Project Runway fanatics. I breathed Project Runway each week and couldn't wait for the next episode. By the time a TV program is popular, I'm bored with it. I recently had a Project Runway marathon. I watched all of Season 10 and then caught up with Season 11. I'm b-a-c-k!!!!!

First, there's the adorable Tim Gunn. I want to be Tim Gunn when I grow up. He's just a cutie and so polite. I wonder if he'll give heterosexual men "gentlemen" lessons? Tim Gunn's Grooming & Manners. I can see it......

Second, Season 11 is Teams Edition. Normally, I hate teams projects during the other seasons. But, Season 11? Now, this I like. Of course, I don't always agree with judges. In fact, I rarely agree with the judges. Even if they actually choose my top and bottom picks, their final votes are not the same as mine. Most of the time.

Third, guest judges! This week the adorable Divine Miss M (Bette Midler for those who don't remember Bette Midler as a mermaid, but that's another story) was a guest judge. She doesn't have a very good poker face, at least for the worst outfits. I thought that was hysterical. "Ew, what is that?!" I agreed with Bette. This week's materials were flowers and hardware. I'm amazed at what people can do with fabric much less flowers and mini-blinds. It was a cool challenge. One team did an awesome job - 1950s Doir, plus coordinating colors (Go Stanley!!) - the other team was just horrible. They forgot all the outfits are supposed to be cohesive. 

In the photo, Dream Team's (stupid, I know) creations are on the bottom. Classy, feminine, beautiful. Team Keeping-It-Real's (which they don't) outfits are the top row. The judges said there was no "losing team" this week because everyone did an amazing job. Hum....I don't think so. Thankfully, Joe was eliminated for his bulky, oversized sweater dress. No wait, he called it a coat. Nope, he called it a sweater dress again. Whatever. It's a mess. (Top row, far right). If the model is a size Two and the dress makes her look like a size 32, then I don't want it. Apparently Joe was more interested in "his vision" than a flattering silhouette. 

So, four designers are gone. I agree with those choices.

Finally, they replaced Michael Kors with Zac Posen. Now, I love Michael Kors. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying all my clothing and accessories from Michael. But, Zac Posen has been a breath of fresh air this season. Of course, he's a cutie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.