This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Book Review: Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, No. 13) by Lee Child

What's truly amazing about Lee Child's books is that he reaches out and drags you into the book on the very first sentence. Masterful. "Suicide bombers are easy to spot." Hook, line, sinker. From the first sentence, I can't put a Jack Reacher novel down. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please keep your arms and legs inside the moving vehicle at all times." You know something good is coming! 

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed another of Lee Child's novels - Gone Tomorrow (Jack Reacher, No. 13). It starts with that first sentence.... "Suicide bombers are easy to spot." and just progresses from there. I just finished it. My heart is still palpitating.

Reacher witnesses the suicide of a woman on a subway in New York. From there, he is drawn into a world of politics and terrorism. But, Reacher only cares about the truth behind the woman's death, and then taking care of the killers that drove her to it. I like when Reacher has to go up against multiple enemies at once. Like, 22 vs 1. With only 30 bullets. Wicked cool. Of course, at the same time he has to dodge 600 federal agents who want him arrested.

Lee Child is true genius. He makes facts about subway cars in New York interesting. Seriously. Another don't miss book by Child. I wish I could give it more than two thumb's up, but I've only got two thumbs...... I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.