This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

American Heritage Girls

American Heritage Girls is a nonprofit scouting program dedicated to the mission of building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country. The organization offers badge programs, service projects, girl leadership opportunities and outdoor experiences to its members. This program of character building has successfully served thousands of girls since its inception.  

Given the pop-culture icons present in today’s society, there is an obvious need for a cultural change for our nation and its daughters; a need for girls to know the love of Christ, the joy of lasting friendships and the fun of new wholesome experiences –in essence, the need for a ministry for girls that has transforming significance.  Please watch their promotional video "Countering the Culture." http://www.ahgonline.org/media_player.asp?messageID=15146 

Patti Garibay, executive
director of American
Heritage Girls, founded 1995

As Girl Scouts becomes more secularized, American Heritage Girls is growing. “Over 90% of the people who come to us have left the Girl Scouts,” said founder Patti Garibay. “We’re like the best kept secret.” In the 16 short years since its inception, AHG boasts 18,000 members and has expanded to 45 states and four countries. It has become the fastest-growing all-girl scouting organization. According to the group, membership spiked by 50% last year. While AHG is a Christian group, it includes girls from all faiths. Today, it is considered the premier faith-based national character development and leadership group for young women.


The American Heritage Girl Oath: “I promise to love God, cherish my family, honor my country, and serve in my community.” Creed: “As an American Heritage Girl, I will be:  Compassionate, Helpful, Honest, Loyal, Persevering, Pure, Resourceful, Respectful, Responsible, Reverent.”

For more information about AHG or to learn how to start a troop in your area: American Heritage Girls, 175 Tri County Pkwy Suite 100, Cincinnati, OH 45246. Phone: 513-771-2025. Email: ahg@ahgonline.org. http://www.ahgonline.org/ 



AHG Troop TX2928
Congrats to AHG Troop TX2928 from Houston, TX, for being presented with the 2012 Archbishop's Trophy - for outstanding contributions of service to the church, community and home, by participating in numerous service projects totaling more than 610 hours to the community. Service projects included but not limited to care packages for soldiers in the Middle East, Wreath across America, assistance to a women crisis shelter, a homeless shelter, adopting two large families for the parish Adopt-A-Family Christmas project and Scouting for Food with their brother Cub Scouts. TX2928 has more than 50 girls (presently K-10th grade) and draws members from at least four other Catholic parishes and protestant congregations. Currently there are eight AHG troops in the greater Houston area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.