This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Book Reviews: Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Series by Terri Reid

I'm seasick. I discovered this fantastic series and have been reading nonstop. It's the A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery Series by Terri Reid. So far, there are eight books with the ninth on the way.

Mary O'Reilly is an Irish gal from Chicago. She moved to Freeport, Illinois because Chicago has too many ghosts. Mary was a Chicago police officer with her brothers. She was shot during a bust gone back and dies. She's walking toward the "white light," when a voice gives her to choice to continue or go back to her family. She chooses to live and go back to her family, but discovers she can see and talk to ghosts. She moves to Freeport and becomes a private investigator.

The books are actually light-hearted and fun. Yes, there are murder mysteries to solve. However, the books are exciting not scary. I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and cannot recommend it enough. I'm eagerly anticipating book nine. The books can stand alone, but I definitely recommend reading from the beginning.....

(1) Loose Ends; (2) Good Tidings; (3) Never Forgotten; (4) Final Call; (5) Darkness Exposed; (6) Natural Reaction; (7) Secret Hollows; and (8) Broken Promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.