This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Review: The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross) by James Patterson

Don't judge me....but, The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross) is the first James Patterson book I've read. I know, I know!! And, it was fabulous.

I once read a book - other than Dean Koontz - that scared the heebee jeebees out of me. I thought it was by James Patterson, so I've stayed away from his books. I finally tried The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross) only to discover that it wasn't James Peterson, but Jonathan Kellerman. (It was the scariest book about a surgeon turned serial killer. He kept women in cages..... *shudders* Anyway, at Nana's (a/k/a my Mom) insistence, I tried James Patterson and I'm hooked!!

My Kindle spending has been a bit out of control, so I've started borrowing ebooks from the local library. The only problem is that all the books I have on my Wish List are not available. I'll take what I can get. Not all of the Alex Cross mysteries were listed, so I decided to start with The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross), Book 9. In this installment, Alex Cross has left the Washington P.D.'s office and is starting at the FBI. I thought this transition was a good place to start.

It was an excellent book. Interesting, quick-paced, good plot. Unlike some authors, Patterson doesn't spend a lot of time describing a single nook and cranny in a room or building. Thank goodness. It's better reading because it flows easier. Once again, I'm always afraid to give too much detail because I don't want to spoil anything for the next reader.

The only "disappointment," and it was a real surprise,* is that the story does not end with The Big Bad Wolf. That wouldn't be a problem if London Bridges, Book 10 was available from the library. Unfortunately, I'm on the waiting list. Ugh. [*It's only a surprise because unlike a hard copy with the Kindle I can't always tell when the book is ending. The last page is not always at 100%.] Is this a Patterson's trait?? Not ending the story until the next book??

I give it two wow's - Wow. Wow. - so I obviously recommend reading it. I'm on my next Alex Cross book (Roses Are Red, Book 6), again because it was available from my local library. I'll get through them all eventually. But, I've also started reading James Patterson's series with NYPD officer Michael Bennett. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.