This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's that simple.

Religious liberty is our first, most cherished freedom. It is why the Pilgrims left England - They wanted independence from the established Church of England. In 1620, they sailed the Atlantic for 63 days on the Mayflower...seeking freedom of religion. It is why this country was founded..... Religious freedom is an absolute right, and includes the right to practice any religion of one’s choice, or no religion at all, and to do this without government control.

Did you know that we have two freedoms granted by the First Amendment regarding religion? The First Amendment contains two clauses about the Freedom of Religion -- The first part is known as the Establishment Clause and the second as the Free Exercise Clause: (1) The Establishment Clause prohibits the government from passing laws that will establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. (2) The Free Exercise Clause prohibits the government from interfering with a person’s practice of his or her religion. 

Our rights to Freedom of Religion and the free exercise thereof means: (1) The Freedom of Religion is an inalienable right. (2) The First Amendment provides for the Freedom of Religion for all Americans. (3) The Free Exercise Clause provides that government will neither control nor prohibit the free exercise of one’s religion. (4) The government will remain neutral.

Yet, on March 21, 2010, Obama signed "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" a/k/a ObamaCare into federal law. The Obama administration’s unprecedented mandate attacks the freedom to practice religion without government interference. Under the HHS mandate, employers (private citizens who own businesses and with premiums paid by their employees) must provide insurance coverage that includes abortion-inducing drugs as well as contraceptives and sterilization procedures. The requirement to fund and facilitate such activities violates the core religious and moral convictions of Catholics and others.

This video explains the problem with the HHS mandate in sixteen seconds. I hope you'll watch it. It's that simple. ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enC0eFJgmpA. Thank you to the Archdiocese of St. Louis for producing this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.