This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

"My girl likes to party all the time."

There's a great YouTube video making the rounds. It starts with Michelle Obama's video played at the Democratic National Convention 2012. Michelle says, “If any family in this country struggles, then we cannot be fully content with our own family’s good fortune. Because that is not what we do in this country – That is not who we are. That is not who we are.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiGjE4_k0jIOh really? 


The video then chronicles Michelle's vacations with her girls (plus her mother and cousins, etc., etc.) - Yes, 16 vacations in three years. This does not include family vacations, or Obama's vacations, or Obama's 100+ rounds of golf, or her "official visits" like hanging out at the Olympics. Nope. However, it does include the $500,000 trip to Spain with 40 of her "closest friends." But, why should we care? Conservative numbers estimate she spent over $12,000,000 of taxpayer's money on her vacations. Actual figures are not available because the White House redacts information, so the true total is unknown.


Of course, the $12,000,000+ total does not include the 2012 Spring Break trip of 13-year-old Malia Obama to Oaxaca, Mexico...with 12 of her closest friends...and 25 Secret Service Agents. Neither parent accompanied their 13-year-old daughter. This trip was also paid with taxpayer's money. I wonder if we're also paying for all the concerts that Malia attends?  Hummmmmmm..... Particularly unnerving is their ignoring the State Department’s travel advisory for Americans not to travel to Mexico. Perhaps that because regular American citizens cannot travel with 25 Secret Service Agents..... Or, regular American citizens cannot afford travel - or gas, or peanut butter, or electricity, or housing..... - at all.

Andrea Tantaros of the New York Daily News says it best - "Material girl Michelle Obama is a modern-day Marie Antoinette." Oh, I like that. http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/material-girl-michelle-obama-modern-day-marie-antoinette-glitzy-spanish-vacation-article-1.200134#ixzz29zVVC1ek

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.