This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Ew, what is that?"


Early this morning Luna, the wiener dog, and I were crossing the kitchen when we spotted a big pile of poo. Actually, Luna saw it first and I saw Luna's reaction. Luna was almost upon it when she stopped, took a brief sniff, jumped back a little, and then took the long way around the poo. Yeah, Luna, I agree.

So, I let Luna outside for a pee break while I went back to pick up the doggie poo. Thankfully, t-h-a-n-k-f-u-l-l-y, I turned the light on first. When I went back over to the poo I saw that it was actually a huge toad. Ew!!!!! {*shudders*} Malibu!!!!!!!

Luckily, there was a rather large bowl sitting on the kitchen counter. I quickly emptied it and with shaking hands managed to get the bowl over the huge toad without screaming.....My screaming that is, not the toad. I'm still freaked out imaging reaching down - with toilet paper and not bare-handed - to pick up the big, squishy, living toad! Ew!!!!! {*shudders*} In the dark!! Can you just imagine!?!

Now, if Malibu had brought it inside last night, she would have brought it to the bed. But, if Malibu had brought it in this morning, then she would have been spastic, running around the house in circles and barking at me. {She actually had a "come and see my toad" bark.} Neither happened, so I have no idea when Malibu brought the big, nasty toad into the kitchen.

Anyway, I did what any SANE woman would do..... I woke my husband at 5:00 a.m. to remove the toad from the kitchen. Hey, if I'm on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, then hubby can join along too. {Our neighbors must be wondering why their toad population has risen exponentially.}

I'd like to give a big "thank you" to Luna for notifying me of the foreign object on the floor.

P.S. I posted this entry on freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com this morning. It was a hit so I decided to post here too. If you are not familiar with my three Mini-Dachshunds, then click on Freddy's picture and hop over to freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.