This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Monday, September 24, 2012

The incredible edible egg.

I love eggs. There's so many different ways to prepare them. They're a happy food. But, it's not easy achieve a good hard-boiled egg....Or, scrambled eggs in the microwave. Over the years, I've tried different methods, but I just didn't like the outcome....until now. There are plenty of variations of this out there. This hard-boiled egg has worked the best and makes the best-tasting egg salad ever:

The Hard-Boiled Egg:
Ingredients
Eggs
Dash of salt
Water
Instructions
1. Place desired amount of eggs in a large pot. Add a dash of salt. Cover one inch above the eggs.
2. Bring to a rolling boil on high heat.
3. Cover and remove from heat. Set timer for 15 minutes.
4. Immediately pour off hot water and cover with cold water and add lots of ice. Add ice again when it melts.
5. When water is icy cold and eggs feel very cold to the touch, pour off water, reserving 1/2".
6. Place lid on pot and "bumper car" (gently shake back and forth) while the egg shells hit one another.
7. Egg peeling can easily be removed with minimal running cool water. Bumper car the eggs again if necessary.

Ages ago, the boys' young babysitter tried to teach me how to microwave scrambled egg. I didn't enjoy it. I've looked for recipes from time to time. I really like this one, and Steven has started these scrambled eggs too. Now that's quite an endorsement.

Microwave Scrambled Eggs in a Cup:
Ingredients
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp Milk
2 Tbsp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions
1. Coat 12 oz microwave safe coffee mug with cooking spray
2. Add eggs and milk and beat until blended
3. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir
4. Microwave another 45 seconds or longer until eggs are set
5. Add cheese and microwave for 10 seconds more
6. Season with salt & pepper

Be sure to end me your favorite egg recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.