This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Amonix: Another Obama-Subsidized Solar Company Fails

The Las Vegas Review Journal reports this week that Amonix, a California-based solar panel company that received $6 million in tax credits and $15.6 in grant money from the U.S. Department of Energy, has CLOSED its manufacturing plant in Northern Las Vegas, just 14 months after it opened.

Steve Westly, the man behind Amonix, is also involved in other companies that have benefited from Obama-directed taxpayer help: Tesla Motors, CalStar Products, Solexel, Recycle Bank, EdenIQ and Amyris Biotechnologies. "Steve Westly, pictured [below] during his 2006 campaign for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination in California, is one of Obama’s top fundraisers. Companies in The Westly Group portfolio have benefited from more than half a billion dollars in loans, grants or stimulus money from the Energy Department." (Chris Carlson/Associated Press).

Steve Westly
One of President Barack Obama’s most prolific fundraisers, Westly was among guests at January’s state dinner for the president of China. A month later, he dined with Obama again at an exclusive San Francisco Bay area gathering for prominent high tech CEOs, including the leaders of Facebook, Google and Apple. He visits White House staff and, as a member of a government advisory board on energy policy, has the ear of Energy Secretary Steven Chu, whose department hands out the sort of seed money sought by companies in The Westly Group portfolio. He even has hosted the president at fundraisers in his Northern California home, and co-hosted events for three of Obama’s most influential advisors. (The Center for Public Integrity)

Not surprisingly, on August 10, 2010, Obama spoke about the economy at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. In his address, Obama describes Amonix as a “success story."  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OR3RCQ1ywY.

Amonix didn't get there without Obama and our tax money. They didn't get there on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.