This blog contains my thoughts and feelings only. It IS titled, "The Daily Life of Carol: My Thoughts, Rants & Raves." They do not represent those of anyone else. While I still can't imagine how my little blog is making the rounds locally, it is mine and mine only. If you are going to be offended or feel it necessary to whine or complain to those completely unassociated to me and my blog, stop reading and find something else to do with your time.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Holy Rollers

Pelosi whines about Catholics 
having “this conscience thing."
I was a minister's daughter. {My father passed away in 1996.} Growing up was difficult because our lives were a fishbowl. Every little movement, facial expression, or word was dissected and commented upon by the congregation. "Mrs. Jones said that you smiled too much today in church." "Mrs. Smith said that you didn't smile enough today in church." "Mrs. Williams is mad because you didn't say hello to her at the mall." Etc., etc. But, the worst? The Holy Rollers. People who "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk." They may have the loudest "Amen!" at church, but their behavior is despicable. - The husband who hugs just a little too long. The wife who is a nasty gossip behind everyone's backs. The office worker who holds Bible Study at lunch and attends Christian women's conferences, but lies every time she opens her mouth.... Oh, yeah. That's a favorite. 

As I've traveled through my adult years, I've discovered that Holy Rollers are everywhere, in every walk of life. Membership in the Catholic Church is voluntary. If people do not want to follow its doctrines, they should find another faith community that reflects their values — and at the least, they should learn what the Church teaches on abortion and life before mischaracterizing it on national television, repeatedly. 

In February 2009 Pelosi met with Pope Benedict XVI during her trip to Italy. Pelosi has been criticized by Catholic leaders for supporting abortion rights. The Pope released a statement after the private meeting. He said that he had talked to Pelosi about "the dignity of human life from conception to natural death." According to the statement, The Pope told Pelosi that all Catholics should work for "a just system of laws capable of protecting human life at all stages of its development."

I’m always astounded as to the extent pro-choice Catholics indulge themselves, both inwardly and outwardly, to justify their position - like Nancy Pelosi attempting to spin the Catholic doctrine on human life. Pelosi is a publicly, disobedient, defiant, “look at me!” Catholic-in-Name-Only. She is most definitely a Holy Roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
I am a stay-at-home mom to three boys (18, 16, 14), three Mini-Dachsunds, and a wife to an incredible husband {think MacGyver}. I am Catholic. I am passionate about making a difference in my world while still making a great life for my children and family. Besides being a mom, I am also a blogger for freddythewienerdog.blogspot.com and thedailylifeofcarol.blogspot.com. I hope to make my voice heard and make a difference in my own way.